MJC Plumbing’s Guide To London Gym Membership
Are you thinking about joining a gym? London gym membership isn’t cheap! ☹
Don’t despair though, our guide will give you the heads up on some of the best deals around.
So, if you do sign up for a new gym membership this year you won’t regret it… you’ll save £££s! 😊
Free Trial Gyms
Most gyms will let you try out their gym first. You’ll be issued with a free guest pass. So, make sure you make use of it as much as possible. Use this special trial period to test out the gym. This will enable you to feel more confident about things before you sign up. Don’t commit to any London gym membership before you do this! 😊
DW Fitness First
Founded in 2009, DW Fitness First is now the second largest gym operator in the UK. DW Sports bought out Fitness First UK in September 2016.
Some branches include:
- Angel – 361-37, City Road, London, EC1V.
- Balham – 279-291, Balham High Road, London, SW17.
- Bishopsgate – 47 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N.
- London Bridge – Basement Level, London Bridge Hotel, 8-18 London Bridge Street, London SE1.
- London Bridge Cottons – Cottons Building, Tooley Street, London, SE1.
- Brixton – Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London, SW9.
- Camden – 128 Albert Street, Camden, London, NW1.
- Clapham – 276-288 Lavender Hill, Clapham Junction, London, SW11.
- Fenchurch Street – 106 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M.
- Holborn – 246 High Holborn, London, WC1.
- Liverpool Street – Platform 17-18, Unit 12, Liverpool Street Station, London, EC2M.
- Shoreditch – 7 Frying Pan Alley, London, E1.
- Streatham – 7 Streatham High Road, London, SW16.
- Haringey – Unit 4C, The Arena Shopping Park, Green Lane, Harringay, N4.
- Highbury – Unit A East Stand, Avenell Road, London, N5.
- Leyton – 1ST FLOOR, Unit 6, Leyton Mills Retail Park, Marshall Road, Leyton, E10.
This chain of gyms was founded in 2002. Anytime Fitness is open 24-hours a day and there are over 4,000 locations in 20 countries. 140 of their gyms can be found in the UK. They opened their first UK gym in October 2010. 100,000 people have already signed up for their London gym membership.
Some branches include:
- Waterloo – 170 Westminster Bridge Road, Waterloo, London, SE1.
- St Paul’s – 1 Priory Court Pilgrim Street, London, EC4.
- City – 18 Alie Street, Aldgate, London, E1.
- Kings Cross – Unit 2 The Nido Building, 200 Pentonville Road, London, N1.
- Chelsea – 222-224 Fulham Road, Chelsea, London, SW10.
- Clapham – 3 Mullins Place Kings, Avenue, London, SW4.
- Tulse Hill – Unit 1 & 2 224-226, Norwood Road, London, SE27.
- Stratford – 166 – 168 High Street, Stratford, London, E15.
- Greenwich – Unit C, Bugsby’s Way, Greenwich Shopping Park, London, SE7.
- Lewisham – Unit B, Meridian South, Birdwood Avenue, Hither Green, Lewisham, SE13.
- Leyton – 665 High Road, Leyton, E10.
- Tooting – 185 Tooting High Street, London, SW17 0SZ.
- Woolwich – UNIT 1 Tesco Extra, Love Lane, London, SE18.
- Wimbledon – 14-16 Coombe Lane, London, SW20.
As well as operating 111 gyms in the UK, Nuffield Health is also the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in the UK. Nuffield Health bought 35 Virgin Active clubs in 2016.
Services and facilities include:
- Day Nursery
- Beauty Suite
- Private GP Service
- Personal Training
- Nutritional Therapy
- Swimming Lessons/Classes
- Healthy Weight Programme
Some branches include:
- Club Baltimore, 14 Baltimore Wharf, London, E14.
- Canary Wharf, One Cabot Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14.
- City, 4, Cousin Lane, London, EC4R.
- Moorgate, 1, Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y.
- Shoreditch, 1-6 Bateman’s Row, London, EC2A.
- Covent Garden, 9, Endell Street, London, WC2H.
- Bloomsbury, Mecklenburgh Place, Goodenough College, London, WC1N.
- Islington, 27 Essex Road, Islington, London, N1.
- Wandsworth Southside, Southside Shopping Centre, Buckhold Road, London, SW18.
- Wandsworth, King George’s Park, Burr Road, Wandsworth, SW18.
- Paddington, 2, Sheldon Square, Paddington Central, Paddington, London, W2.
- Merton Abbey, 29 Chapter Way, Colliers Wood, London, SW19.
- Fulham, Stevenage Road, Bishop’s Park, Fulham, SW6.
- Wimbledon, 37 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London, SW19.
Fusion Lifestyle was founded in April 2000 and it has nearly 100 branches. It is also a registered charity. It has put in place a concessionary pricing structure to ensure that people from disadvantaged and low-income communities can have full access.
They promote accessible access for disabled people, and they also welcome older people! 😊
Some branches include:
- Golden Lane Sport & Fitness- Fann Street, London, EC1Y.
- Ark Road Pools & Fitness – Park Road, London, N8 8JN.
- Albany Leisure Centre – 505 Hertford Rd, Middlesex, EN3.
- Arnos Pool – 269 Bowes Road, London, N11.
- Edmonton Leisure Centre – 2 The Broadway, London, N9.
- New River Sport & Fitness – White Hart Lane, Wood Green, N22.
- Southbury Leisure Centre – 192 Southbury Rd, Enfield, EN1.
- Southgate Leisure Centre – Winchmore Hill Road, London, N14.
- Bramley Bowls Hall – Chase Side, Cockfosters, London, N14.
- Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness – 1 Philip Lane, London, N15.
- Broadwater Farm Community Centre – Adams Road, Tottenham, London, N17.
- Forest Hill School Sports Centre – Bampton Road, London, SE23.
- Glass Mill Leisure Centre – 41 Loampit Vale, London, SE13.
- Ladywell Arena – Silvermere Road, Catford, London, SE6.
- The Bridge Leisure Centre – Kangley Bridge Road, Lower Sydenham, SE26.
- Wavelengths Leisure Centre – Giffin St, London, SE8.
- Lewisham Indoor Bowls Centre – Kangley Bridge Road, Lower Sydenham, SE26.
The Gym – You can buy a day pass from £4.99.
It has 89 branches in the UK and they’re open 24 hours a day.
Locations include: Angel, Barking, Bloomsbury, Chadwell Heath, Charing Cross, Colindale, Ealing, Edmonton Green, Harrow on the Hill, Holborn Circus, Hounslow, Ilford, Kingsbury, Manor House, Southall, Tottenham Hale, Walthamstow, Wealdstone, Wembley Central, Wembley Park, West Hampstead, Wood Green, and Watford.
Pure Gym -You can buy a day pass from £5.99.
This is a ‘no-frills chain’ and it has more than 180 gyms across the UK.
Locations include: Piccadilly, Victoria, Holborn, Marylebone, South Kensington, Aldgate, Camberwell, Shoreditch, Bayswater, Bermondsey, Highgate, Holloway Road, Finsbury Park, Islington, Limehouse, Hammersmith, Wandsworth, Canary Wharf, Putney, Greenwich, Muswell Hill, Sydenham, Acton, Finchley, Park Royal, Charlton, Wembley, Southgate, Croydon, Ilford, Bromley, Edgware, New Barnet, and Enfield.
EasyGym – You can buy a day pass from £6.99.
Locations include: East Ham, Fulham, Ilford, Oxford Street, Tottenham, Wandsworth, West Croydon, and Wood Green.
Stay Happy and Healthy!
So there you have it! Your guide to London gym membership.
We hope that you’ll take advantage of the many trial periods on offer out there.
Your membership will provide you with everything you need. So, get yourself fit, and stay happy and healthy! 😊
Contact us today on 020 7064 6777. Your satisfaction is guaranteed! 😊