Keep Mould Away – Good Home Plumbing Tips
Did you know that good home plumbing can prevent the growth of mould in your home? In London, many homes are often affected by mould. This is a growing problem that you need to be concerned about. It can cause many health issues from respiratory problems to damage to the immune system.
We would all prefer to avoid a plumbing leak, wouldn’t we? It wastes water which can cause your monthly bill to go through the roof. It also makes a huge mess and it can attract pests.
These uninvited guests will happily set up camp in your home. They’ll have access to all the water they need to survive, so why would they leave? The first thing you’ll know about it is when you might spot an insect or rodent slurping up some water drops from your leak.
MJC Plumbing will make sure that your plumbing is in great shape. We’ll fix any leaks that you have. This can form part of an effective solution for your mould problem.
Common places for leaks
- Bathtubs and Toilets
- Fridge Freezer
- Washing Machine
- Water Heater
Top tips for preventing mould growth
- Check for leaks: Keep a look out for leaks in your roof, bathroom/toilet, kitchen and in your pipes. Leaks allow excess moisture to accumulate in your home. This, in turn, creates the perfect environment for mould to grow.
- Get your plumbing inspected regularly: Effective plumbing maintenance includes arranging regular inspections in your home. This is a great way to stop mould growing in your home. Our experienced engineers will inspect your pipes and fittings for cracks, leaks and compromised or broken seals. We’ll spot minor problems before they become big and expensive ones.
- Install an exhaust fan in your bathroom: The exhaust fan will help the air to circulate in the room and it reduces moisture and dampness.
- Use quality caulking for resealing: When your plumbing and fixtures are installed, make sure that good quality silicon is used for caulking. Our service ensures that all gaps and cracks are properly sealed up and watertight. Good quality caulking prevents moisture from accumulating.
- Install your roof guttering and pipes correctly: This will enable you to move water away from your home. If your gutters and pipes are not properly installed it will allow water to seep up into your home, cause damage to its foundations and encourage mould to grow. Your gutters and pipes should provide effective drainage, so make sure that you have them checked for blockages on a regular basis.
By following this checklist for good home plumbing, you can avoid the growth of mould in your home. You’ll also ensure that your plumbing is in excellent condition.
Reliable Plumbing Services London
Our team has been helping residents and businesses with all their plumbing needs since 2004.
With a growing community of over 8000 customers across London, you’ll have peace of mind that we’ll get the job done. We serve all the London areas and provide a full guarantee on all our work.
Call us on 020 7064 6777, our friendly team at MJC Plumbing would love to hear from you!